Gift Shop Sales
Published on 10/22/2023Medieval Times - Schaumburg, IL
Part TimeFully on-site
The Retail Sales Clerk is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards by selling retail items and photos to guests.
- Two complimentary tickets to the show upon hire
- Complimentary tickets on your birthday and during the holiday season
- Opportunities for advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Discount on show tickets
- Discounts on Merchandise
- Opportunities to cross train departments
- Fun environment
- Teamwork driven
- Flexible hours
- Greets customers and ascertains each customers’ wants or needs
- Answers questions regarding merchandise and pricing
- Describes options for taking and purchasing photos
- Uses camera to take both staged and candid photos of guests
- Sells retail items and photos to guests in the arena
- Assists in monthly and quarterly physical inventory of merchandise
- Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges
- Follows Medieval Times cash handling policies
- Arranges and displays merchandise to promote sales
- Watches for and recognizes security risks, theft, and knows how to prevent and/or address these situations
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Ability to process information through computer system
- Ability to count money and make change
- Ability to deal with unpleasant or discourteous guests on occasion
- Ability to proactively engage guests in making a sale
- Ability to effectively communicate with Management, Team Members and Guests
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Physical ability to stand, walk, and walk up and down stairs for extended periods
- Physical ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
- High school diploma preferred
- Applicants at least 16 years of age will be considered
- 1 to 2 years Customer service or Retail experience preferred
About Medieval Times
Not just a job. A culture of chivalry.
Our team members are a valued part of Medieval Times. Together, we are able to make our Castles a bustling destination that engages all who walk through the gates.
Medieval Times is the #1 Dinner Attraction in North America, transporting guests to 11th Century Spain with an epic tournament and feast.
At Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament, more than 2,000 full- and part-time professionals bring the enchanting experience to life.
We have a wide range of needs at each of our nine locations across the United States and one Castle in Canada. Become one of our treasured team members and enjoy a career in an electric environment where you’re supported so you can freely explore your talents.
Location2001 N. Roselle Road, Schaumburg, IL 60195