Relationship Manager - Retirement (Institutional)
Published on 02/14/2024Guide Stone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Relationship Manager - Retirement role serves as GuideStone’s primary contact for assigned institutional accounts delivering effective plan consultation and growing revenue. RMs work to help educate plan sponsors, understand their needs and design plans to meet those needs while attempting to drive better retirement outcomes for plan participants. This position is responsible for both growth and retention of accounts, coordinating the resolution of all plan sponsor service needs and growing assets under management as a result of new plan implementation, participant enrollments, increased contributions as well as inbound rollovers and transfers within assigned accounts. Relationship Managers may also have Market Segment leadership or supporting market segment team roles.
What you will do:
- Foster relationships at all levels of the client’s organization, serving in a consultative capacity through regularly communicating legal and technical benefit-related information and support to plan sponsor’s executive management, business services and human resource personnel as well as overseeing the delivery of sales, education, and servicing needs of all related plan participants and prospects. Essential duties include regularly conducting site visit field presentations, webinars, and providing field-based and telephone consultations.
- Manage assigned plan sponsor relationships, building relationships with decision makers and human resource contacts to understand their organizational goals and objectives. Also, develop a strategy to meet those objectives, and ultimately help better prepare plan participants for retirement. Types of plans include 403(b)(9), 403(b)(7) and ERISA and Church 401(k) plans, deferred compensation plans and defined benefit plans.
- Coordinate with marketing to create market segment, customer specific or stage-of-live marketing that meets retirement objectives.
- Maintain CRM database and records on a timely basis related to all assigned client contact and the results of all sales, education and service campaigns.
- Seek to retain all assigned plan sponsors, participants and their related assets under management.
- Represent GuideStone at employer sponsored benefit fairs, national, state, regional and associational events sponsored by SBC, XM and other affinity organizations when significant participation by plan participants and/or prospects warrants a GuideStone presence.
- Discover SBC and XM prospects for GuideStone’s retirement, retail, institutional investing, property and casualty, and insurance products plans and services.
- Act as clients’ liaison for all service request needs to Retirement or Insurance Operations personnel and all prospect follow-up information to appropriate personnel in Personal Financial Services, Business Development, and Insurance Plans.
- Conduct introductory handoffs of any assigned retirement plan participants whose account balance reach the level qualifying them for assistance from Personal Financial Services.
- Serve as GuideStone’s liaison with assigned affinity groups by strengthening relationships with the organization and providing sales, education and service contacts during major affinity group events.
- Work effectively with administrative assistants in planning travel, shipping materials and coordination of various reporting requirements.
- Participate in planning, training and continuing education activities.
- Coordinate with internal groups at GuideStone to address and respond to: regulatory, fiduciary, operational, and service model pricing issues.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Travel is 40% annually.
- CRPC, or CFP, and/or CEBS are preferred.
- Proficient PC skills in MS Office and appropriate GuideStone system applications.
- Actively involved in a faith community that shares similar values and beliefs as GuideStone.
- Comprehensive business knowledge: marketing, relationship management, customer service, and public relations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial support planning issues: tax reporting; Social Security issues; federal reporting requirements; tax treatment of business-related expenses.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GuideStone retirement, GuideStone Funds, web capabilities, and benefits and compliance information. Strong working knowledge of plan design and consulting approaches as well as understanding of the various retirement plans GuideStone offers and their key provisions, appropriate usage and impact to plan compliance and participant outcomes.
- Working knowledge of GuideStone Insurance plans and Mission Dignity services.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, multi-tasking abilities and a high level of personal motivation to take self-directed action.
- Communication skills: Verbal, writing, listening, effective presentations and teaching.
- Technical skills such as: operation of personal computer, cell phone and webinar software.
- Ability to closely monitor annual travel/promotional budget.
- Ministry skills: Compassion; empathy; encouragement; and motivation.
- Must have complete confidentiality regarding plan sponsor and participant personalized data and all GuideStone business related information.
- Series 6 and 63 securities license or ability to obtain.
About Guide Stone
GuideStone is a diversified Christian financial services provider, offering retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive planning products and services to the Southern Baptist and wider evangelical Christian community. GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family and is located in Dallas, Texas.
LocationDallas, TX 75244